Skip to content
I’m hiking the Pacific Crest Trail because…
- life should be a daring adventure.
- I love being in the woods and standing on the heights.
- “do it while you’re young” keeps ringing in my ears.
- my husband and I made a promise to one another to accomplish this dream together before we settle down and start a family.
- I want to make myself, my husband, my friends and my family proud.
- I want to get away from routine and disconnect.
- my husband has unfinished business after attempting the PCT in 2010 (he made it to Crater Lake, OR).
- we’ve called off doing the PCT four years in a row now. If not now, when?
- I want to live a bold life and embrace the opportunities God has given me.
- I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me.
When I successfully thru-hike the Pacific Crest Trail I will….
- laugh cry.
- feel the GREATEST sense of accomplishment EVER.
- be overwhelmed with joy and gratitude.
- high-five, make-out, dance and prost a brew with my husband!!
- have a deeper appreciation for the small blessings in my life.
- celebrate with family and friends in Washington before heading back to life in Wyoming.
- get to tell my kids one day how Mom and Dad accomplished their dreams together.
- thank God for the trail, our experiences, the people, His creation and getting us to Canada!
- inspire and encourage others to go after their dreams.
The countdown begins – 70 days until we hit the trail! For more on my PCT journey, follow along on the Pacific Crest Trials Blog: The Trek thetrek.co/author/christina-rose/