Almond Coconut Cookies
(makes 30 cookies)
4 cups finely ground almond flour
3 Tbs coconut oil, melted
4 tsp vanilla
8-10 tsp honey
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2-3/4 cup coconut flakes (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients with a hand/standing mixer until well combined. If the dough seems slightly crumbly, add an extra tsp of honey to make it more sticky.
- Roll dough into tablespoon size balls and lightly flatten the tops with the back of a spoon or your finger.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake cookies for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Cookies will be fragile. Let cookies cool for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Pro tips: crumble in your oatmeal, dip them in peanut butter or use as a crust for a pie or fruit tart (you heard right).
Nutrition for 1 cookie: 128 calories, 10.2g fat, 2.7g saturated fat, 6.7g sugar, 9.9g carbohydrates, 3.4g protein, 2g fiber. *177 calories/oz